Friday, May 30, 2014

T.G.I.F.F. Party Over Here!


I'm playing Hostess with the Mostess today!  So welcome!  I have a bright and sparkly reveal that has been months in the making.....


Radiating Sparkler Quilt Top

You see, back in February, I found a block I loved and wanted to use for my month as Queen in my quilting bee.  I had to be resourceful and literally go straight to the source.....


Radiating Sparkler Quilt Top


And then re-write the tutorial to suit my block with a twist....

Radiating Sparkler Quilt Top

I like to call it the "Radiating Sparkler"!  I actually received 14 of these gorgeous blocks and made two myself.  So what happened to the four blocks not used in this quilt top?  Well, they have been joined together and will be made in to a big and bright cushion.  A very big THANK YOU to my lovely QCA Bee #5 friends!

I ummed and ahhed whether to put sashing in between the blocks, but reallllly liked the point on point vision!  To make it up to lap size, I added some borders and little mini sparklers as corner stones.  I absolutely ADORE how it's turned out and can't wait (well, I will wait) to get it backed, basted and quilted!

And tomorrow?  Well, tomorrow I will pop the tutorial up here on the blog for all of you!  So you can go forth and make your own Radiating Sparklers!  Remember to pop back in and check it out.

Now it's your turn to show your finish or finishes for the week.  Be sure to include a TGIFF button or link back to the party so everyone else can find it too!  And of course - pop in to some of the other party animals and share the comment love!



16 comments:

  1. So beautiful and bright. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's gorgeous, Melissa! So bright and beautiful! Thanks for hosting TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Radiating Sparkler top is so pretty! How generous of you to be sharing a tutorial! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'sparkler'!! Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's a very happy quilt. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the colour in your quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your finish, it is so pretty! Thanks for hosting TGIFF this week, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! Very happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really lovely! I might even add it to my to do list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beauty! I love that stark white contrasting with all those vibrant brights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your sparklers! Those fabrics really make me thing of a sparkler too. Those little mini sparklers are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this! The colors and pattern both are fabulous! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that! Your colours are perfect! Really does sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great quilt, Ms Midge! Thanks for sharing and hosting TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...